By now, I'm sure you have seen Amy's post over at 13 Spools. It's a fun post in which she airs her 10 Quilty Little Secrets :) Well. . . I have aired a lot of my quilty little secrets throughout my blog but here they are all in one place for all to see. . . I'm airing dirty laundry here folks, if you have a weak stomach, you should probably move on to the next blog in your reader ;) Hang on to your hats, here we go!
1. Cotton + Steel, Amy Butler, Pearl Bracelets - don't get it. Haven't any. Likely. Never. Will. :)
3. I never have and never will pre-wash anything. . . The quilt is going to be washed when I finish (always) so why bother with another step that is going to make it a longer time for me to get to cutting and sewing.
4. Pre-Cuts. . . love to hate them (except fat quarters of course). After being burned on several occasions by the cuts being inaccurate. I'd rather have the person responsible for the inaccurate cuts there to beat (me) than to be cussing in the wind!
5. I use starch. A LOT of starch. I am not a best press fan. It's expensive and not as starchy as the cheap stuff. When I say a lot, I mean soak. Pre-washed in starch. :)
8. I do not have any fabric in my stash that is 'too pretty' or 'too special' to cut into. . . I bought it to sew with and sew I will! When I get fabric, I rip open the package with glee and hack off a corner just because! grin
9. I am not a scrap lover/quilt maker. Love them from afar, do not like making them. . . I keep scraps, I have a couple of bags. . . they will never get used. I kept them because I knew someone would yell at me if I ever did a post like this and admitted that I had thrown them all away ;)
10. I don't have any UFOs. . . STOP! Don't throw any rocks just yet! I totally understand how UFO happens. . . No, I didn't forget a word, I did that on purpose ;) I will NOT let myself start another project unless the two I am working on are finished (I have on occasion had three going but it makes me nervous). I think it spurs me on to get what I'm working on done so I can start what I have planned while FMQing the two quilts I am finishing. Besides, I would just sit here and look at everything half finished, wonder what to do next, and get nothing done ;)
There you have it! What are your quilty little secrets??
One more thing, that great quilting in the button Amy made? She finished the quilt, you have to check it out!! Nothing short of awesome!
Until next time, keep on quilting!!