Saturday, February 15, 2014

A Cool Quick Medalion Quilt Top

OK, this top took absolutely no time whatsoever - and I was pretty, well, shall we say anal about cutting :) It took me longer to plan where the colors were going to go and what fabric I was going to use as background than it did to sew the top together!  This one could easily be completely sewn together in an afternoon, gotta love that!!  I followed the tutorial for Giant Vintage Star Quilt by Jenni Baker over at In Color Order.  I'm just going to post a picture of the top for now, will post all the details in a day or two - how crazy is that??  Less than a week start to finish! I have the quilting all planned out and bought the thread, this is going to be all kinds of awesome when it is finished. . . if I do say so myself :) 

OK, it's too late to take the picture outside and I should wait til morning to post this and get a better picture but you just know that ain't gonna happen ;) This is a cell phone picture taken inside. . . colors are a little brighter.  I will have outside pictures of the finished quilt soon! :)

On to putting the back together!  No, it is not going to be like the last one HAHA
Until next time, keep on quilting!!

Follow on Bloglovin

1 comment:

  1. I love this quilt. Yours looks great so far. I have used this pattern twice and know there is at least one more in my future. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :) Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Come back real soon!

If you left me a comment, I will be responding in kind either by email and/or by visiting your blog and commenting on your wonderful creation :)