Monday, July 21, 2014

DWM and A Hop!

Good morning, good afternoon and good evening, there, I think I have them all covered for all time zones :) And how appropriate. Have you heard of the Around the World Blog Hop? It's kind of like a fun game of telephone or tag. You get tagged by a blogger (who tags three of their favorite bloggers) and then you tag three of your favorite bloggers. I was tagged by the wonderfully creative Marianne who blogs at The Adventurous Quilter. Her post is today, I've been tagged so I will be posting my hop post and nominating three more worldly bloggers on 7/28. How fun! Be sure to check out Marianne's post and come back and check out mine next week! 

OK, on to what's doin' in my studio. . . otherwise known as my living room which has been completely taken over by quilty stuff (wonder if my husband regrets saying "You should totally turn the living room into a quilting studio!" Don't have to tell me twice!)... I have the Modern Plus quilt about halfway quilted. As happens often with me, I started with one plan and I think I have changed it slightly :) No ripping involved, just thought of another way this quilting plan will work out. . . and if it doesn't, I can still go back to my original plan with no ripping involved. I'd say that is a win win winning plan! Here she is under the needle:

Yes, that is a straight line ruler you see there. . . but this is not the traditional straight line quilting typically seen on plus quilts. . . it's me, of course it isn't! LOL

I also have Off Course basted and ready to be quilted next! Here it is patiently awaiting it's turn to be quilted up:

Boring, I know but this is a rather picture light post so something is better than nothing right? :)
The plan is to have Modern Plus quilted and bound by end of day tomorrow. . . ambitious? Maybe.... and to have Off Course quilted up by the end of next week. I'm going to quilt the crap out of it so I figure it is going to take awhile :) 

What's next on the horizon you might ask? Well, take a look at theses lovelies:

I got the half yard cuts. I'm thinking I'll have enough left over to put a cool back together. Just gotta love a pieced quilt backing!
Half yard each of a bundle that came from Fort Worth Fabric Studio (love love their speediness in delivery and their Friday bundles are nothing short of amazing). I ordered this bundle after seeing them on Helen's Til We Quilt Again blog (she does AMAZING work). HAD to have them with no plan in mind :) And then I ordered this Charcoal Peppered Cotton from Fabric.com (love their prices, DO NOT like that it takes an entire week to get my happy mail!). . . I think I am IN LOVE! Have you noticed my obsession with gray lately?? Not sure what that is about. . . Anyway, the plan has emerged for putting these beauties together and let's just say it involves the Sidekick ruler :) I'll be posting more about this plan in my blog hop post next Monday. Come back to see what's to come! 

Linking up with Patchwork Times for DWM and Stitch by Stitch for Anything Goes Mondays. Go check them out and be inspired!! :) 

Until next time, keep on quilting!!
Follow on Bloglovin

11 comments:

  1. You are in the groove! Love your new fabric pull. I think it is fun to be inspired by certain things and run with it; you are loving gray and I am loving orange lately. It will be fun to see what evolves for us next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I checked your plus quilt and it is looking good! So are your new fabrics. Yummy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabric pack. Teal? Aqua? What are you calling the color? It is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing your quilting on these quilts, and your half yard bundle looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My, you have been busy! Your new fabrics are beautiful, and I like them against the white, too. What are you doing on your plus quilt??? And, now that you've teased us, I'm off to look up the Sidekick ruler...inquiring minds need to know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You just ordered my favorite color pallet! Don't be afraid to send some of this sewing ambition to New Hampshire, mine seems to be missing. Keep them coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that half yard bundle!! My favorite color :)
    Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. At the Ann Arbor Art Fest last week, I saw a beautiful pendant that was a pale shade of turquoise, just exquisite. I thought then how much I love that colour...well and blue. Period. It was slightly lighter than the colour of the second from the left fabric. Love. It. Also, (wee ooh, wee ooh, Twilight Zone music) I renewed Camille Roskelley's Simplify book from our library and decided I really should make one of her quilts...(like I need another project...) and the one that grabbed me last night is her Plus quilt!! I had no idea you were quilting one of your own! Too cool. Great minds and all that right?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea for a blog hop. Love the fabrics in your cool bundle. That'll be a really lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you work? Prolific comes to mind when I see your name in my in-box! I think you will be creating with those lovely teals way before I get to mine! Can't wait to see your Plus!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those teals! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :) Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Come back real soon!

If you left me a comment, I will be responding in kind either by email and/or by visiting your blog and commenting on your wonderful creation :)