Thursday, February 19, 2015

A Finish?? Already??? :)

Bet you didn't think I'd be back so soon with a finish, me either ;) I am quite famous for not being able to accurately determine how long something will take. . . mostly things take a LOT longer than I estimate. This one took LESS time than I thought! OK, I might not have done one thing other than quilt on this yesterday. . . In my defense - it was SO much fun! And I kept thinking, one more thing.... I'll finish one more. . . and then it was almost finished and then how could I not finish it? Right, I couldn't! Not much to say on this one. Draw trace the picture onto the Dupiani silk, sandwich and quilt. It finished at 9"x13".

Those of you who commented that it looked Russianesque you were 100% correct. Can't get much more Russianesque than the Kremlin, right? So here it is, my version of the Kremlin :)

I wasn't sure about the ribbony (technical term) design around it but I think it works!

And the back. I found a piece left over from the Pastel Quilt. . . What a better use than the back of a piece that won't be seen by anyone! LOL
So there you have it! Yup, that's all I have to say - shortest post in the history of Quilt Paradigm!! LOL

Linking up with Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish It Up Friday. Make sure you check out all of the awesome projects linked up over there!!

On to the Rose Linen quilt. . . You might see some progress on that one for my Monday post!! :D

Until next time, keep on quilting!!
Follow on Bloglovin

14 comments:

  1. Wow you did do that one up fast. I like the back as well as the front, great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when a project can be started and finished on the same day! I had fun getting to see Off Course today; I hope you got my email with photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. DO tell....why the Kremlin? There must be some reason? Looks great Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This turned out beautifully. Love your motif choices, your thread choices, really fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your quilting is fabulous. I love how you colored it in with threads. I'm mentioning you in my class tomorrow. You are proof that it doesn't take years to learn FMQ, just desire and dedication.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely quilting and a fabulous design! You amaze me, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, such elaborate quilting! You used the differently-coloured thread to really great effect too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Russianesque. :-) That is BEAUTIFUL quilting. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! That was a short post, but a good one!
    Nice finish, Judy. What inspired you to choose the Kremlin as your subject?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow isn't it stunning - I'm not sure which side I like the best they're both so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally awesome Judy! The ribbon pattern around the outside gives it a magical flair... sort of an Arabian Nights look instead of the Kremlin. You put in so many wonderful details!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Shortest post even Vera could read it, lol. Fun finish!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :) Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Come back real soon!

If you left me a comment, I will be responding in kind either by email and/or by visiting your blog and commenting on your wonderful creation :)