Sunday, May 17, 2015

Twirling Aqua - Modern Quilts Category

My second entry for the Spring 2015 Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side is Twirling Aqua and I'm entering it into the Modern Quilts category. My first entry is Shock Waves in the Home Machine Quilted category. It was the making of this quilt that started my obsession with HSTs :) The versatility of the humble little HST is absolutely amazing! Since making this quilt, I have done several others incorporating these little gems. I think this might be an obsession that lasts for quite some time! This quilt was an absolute blast to make, from cutting those initial 8" squares to quilting to sewing on the binding (machine sewing the binding. . . I'm not a fan of doing hand sewing. LOVE the way it looks, do.not.like doing it). I'll spare you lots of words, I know you are here to see the quilt! :)



And the back, improv pieced with the fabric left over from the front.


You can read more about the making of this quilt here, lessons learned in piecing the flimsy can be found here and and the final post here.

Voting for the various categories begins May 22. Viewer's choice nominations are being taken now! Make sure you head over and nominate your favorite three quilts for the viewer's choice award!

Thanks for visiting and enjoy the show! I'm off to visit more blogs and see more awesome eye candy!! :)

Until next time, keep on quilting!
Follow on Bloglovin

14 comments:

  1. Love these colors and the quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep!! I am still in love!! Great Entry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for a beautiful modern quilt!!! I love your design, beautiful fabrics and just GREAT quilting :)
    Greetings from Poland
    Kamila

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love HST's! So versatile.....Your color choices here are great and I like the way the design is off center, so interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HSTs are definitely a staple in my quilts these days, and I love the arrangement you came up with for Twirling Aqua!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhh, that's how I feel viewing this lovely quilt again. Flowing quilting, soothing colours, wonderful pattern, love the gradation...another one outta-the-park, Judy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the front and back equally! Really love the gradation in color - and your quilting is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the subtle shading in the color! Really gorgeous.:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the subtle shading in the color! Really gorgeous.:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this quilt. So glad I could see your beautiful quilting again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the simplicity of the design, and the absolutely stunning quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have always loved this quilt Judy! The design, the fabrics and your quilting all come together to create a masterpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this quilt, the colours work so well together. Your quilting is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful design and amazing quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Comments make me smile :) Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to comment. Come back real soon!

If you left me a comment, I will be responding in kind either by email and/or by visiting your blog and commenting on your wonderful creation :)